Life in Old South Central Alabama

My photo
South of Birmingham, Alabama, United States
I am an antique trader in central Alabama....I love old houses... My log home was built in 1817 by my ancestors Benjamin and Hannah Harless Wilson .............. Outside the house are herb gardens and lots of pass-along plants................ No one in Alabama is in a hurry about anything......... Visitors think that the garden needs weeding and the furniture needs polishing....I am a direct descendant of Joseph Towne, whose two sisters Rebecca Towne Nurse and Mary Towne Easty were hanged in Salem, Massachusetts, in 1692 as witches. I am also a direct descendant of Pocahontas and husband John Rolfe.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

ANTIQUE COLORIZED ALBUMEN PHOTOGRAPH OF NATIVE AMERICAN WOMAN

I purchased this colorized photograph from an auction house in Florida. I was drawn to her and her great beauty.   She measures 21" x  26"

My grandmother's grandmother was a North Georgia Cherokee.  Much of her family eventually ended up in Oklahoma.  I wonder if there are people who can view a photograph such as this and identify the tribe/nation to whom she most likely belongs. 

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh I just asked my 1/2 sister which American Indian tribe her father's/ my stepfather family was and she said
    Georgia Reservation Cherokee !!! she has all her genealogy traced back to trail of tears which is such a very sad story

    Thanks for rescuing the picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps this picture of the girl doesn't look like my sisters family pictures
    this girl is pretty and my sisters family pictures are not pretty

    ReplyDelete