Life in Old South Central Alabama

My photo
South of Birmingham, Alabama, United States
I am an antique trader in central Alabama....I love old houses... My log home was built in 1817 by my ancestors Benjamin and Hannah Harless Wilson .............. Outside the house are herb gardens and lots of pass-along plants................ No one in Alabama is in a hurry about anything......... Visitors think that the garden needs weeding and the furniture needs polishing....I am a direct descendant of Joseph Towne, whose two sisters Rebecca Towne Nurse and Mary Towne Easty were hanged in Salem, Massachusetts, in 1692 as witches. I am also a direct descendant of Pocahontas and husband John Rolfe.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Knoxville buying trip























I rode to Knoxville to see what was on the floor at a really good antique estate buying business. 


I normally don't travel that far ( almost four hours) but they had an 1840's tole painted two-drawer stand that was so outstanding I had to see it in person.


 Sitting next to it was an 1830's Tennessee cherry table with a dough board top. I bought them both, along with a Drexel 1920's mahogany low boy.


 On the way home I stopped in Sweetwater, an antiques town just off the interstate north of Chattanooga, and was able to cram a few smalls in. 


I took the low boy to the shop and kept the other two pieces for my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment