Skip to main content

Alabama Morning with Sunflowers














I made this picture early this morning standing in the front yard. The sunflowers have survived forty days and forty nights without water ( except from the garden hose) and have rewarded me with a really nice show.














The Alabama sky is a beautiful partly cloudy blue this morning so I am inspired to work around the house a bit. You can look closely and see the honey bee has been inspired to go to work also.














My house stays shady most of the time. The large bush on the left is a fig tree and it's full of fruit

















Welcome to my front porch. I sit here often and think of all the things I should be doing but have learned to take a break and just relax for gosh sakes. 

I wish some of you were close enough to pay me a visit. It's lonely here sometimes. I'm a great front porch swing talker but I prefer to listen to you tell stories.

















I think there are at least four types of sunflowers growing. I like these because I get lots of blooms. The ones called King Kong give me only one big bloom and that's it, but it's a foot wide. They haven't bloomed yet.



















The dark-centered ones show such a contrast . I guess they photograph best and seem the most classical.

















Now, this is the family "bachelor bed" described in an earlier post. I have just planted gourds around it, so it should be covered with vines by September. 

Those white legs are five-feet pieces of pvc pipe giving it some height. I won't be tackly and joke about the "air matress."

















These are the pretty yellow blooms of the egg gourds that seem to like the heat. I have great expectations for them.

Comments

  1. Good morning Marshel~

    Your home and place are just beautiful and your sunflowers are amazing! Everything looks so beautiful and green.
    I'm very intrigued with your fig tree, I have never seen one.

    And that is a beautiful blue sky hanging overhead~

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see you in Blog land. Thanks for sharing, come by and see me soon. Richard at My Old Historian House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marshel theses photo's are fabulous! They should be in a magazine. The morning light is the best when photographing. Your Sunflowers are amazing. I should try to plant some next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love and come for a visit and have sweet tea on the porch. Happy 4th of July. Richard at My Old Historic House

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment