Life in Old South Central Alabama

My photo
South of Birmingham, Alabama, United States
I am an antique trader in central Alabama....I love old houses... My log home was built in 1817 by my ancestors Benjamin and Hannah Harless Wilson .............. Outside the house are herb gardens and lots of pass-along plants................ No one in Alabama is in a hurry about anything......... Visitors think that the garden needs weeding and the furniture needs polishing....I am a direct descendant of Joseph Towne, whose two sisters Rebecca Towne Nurse and Mary Towne Easty were hanged in Salem, Massachusetts, in 1692 as witches. I am also a direct descendant of Pocahontas and husband John Rolfe.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best Stove in Alabama

I visited my friend Charlie's shop in Clanton and was taken by this giant piece of Americana, a deluxe wood burning stove that is probably the best and most complete one I've seen in years.  He left it sitting on the roller dolly so it can be loaded, as it takes four strong men to lift it.


As you see, it's called the Home Comfort and I suspect it would bring a lot of comfort on a cold day.  I am sure Tasha could fire this one up and produce some cakes and pies that would inspire complements from anyone in the house.


I already have a cook stove about half this size that I love, or I would be bringing this one home with me.  I think the gray color  ( spelled grey if you are Old South)  would enhance any color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment