Life in Old South Central Alabama

My photo
South of Birmingham, Alabama, United States
I am an antique trader in central Alabama....I love old houses... My log home was built in 1817 by my ancestors Benjamin and Hannah Harless Wilson .............. Outside the house are herb gardens and lots of pass-along plants................ No one in Alabama is in a hurry about anything......... Visitors think that the garden needs weeding and the furniture needs polishing....I am a direct descendant of Joseph Towne, whose two sisters Rebecca Towne Nurse and Mary Towne Easty were hanged in Salem, Massachusetts, in 1692 as witches. I am also a direct descendant of Pocahontas and husband John Rolfe.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

American Empire Victorian Doll House

This beauty came up for auction this weekend in Stamford, Connecticut.



From the Catalog: 
Description: Antique American Dollhouse Architectural Model. American Empire / Mid Victorian style. Handmade and hand painted. Appears to be original / very early paint. Purchased from the Mary Merritt Doll Museum of Pennsylvania. Measures 18 x 16 x 14 inches. Interior open as one large room, original or very old curtains in place.

I really love the colors.  I want to live in a life-size house just like it. 




My bid was the winner ( less than $100 ) so it should arrive sometime next week.

1 comment:

  1. You have the best connections for finding these fabulous primitive antique treasures

    So this is like your house wow

    ReplyDelete