Skip to main content

An Improvement

I have done more with the wall since I sold the green cupboard two weeks ago. I took out the miniature oil portraits from among the silhouettes. One can finally see the biscuit/pastry table now. The elderly couple oil portraits are from Alabama Black Belt country, so named for the rich dark soil. The chair on the left is a ca. 1680 mushroom chair from Massachusetts. The Windsor chair on the right dates ca. 1790-1820. The little black leather key basket on the table is from antebellum Virginia.

Comments

  1. I know it's wrong to covet...but I am coveting that mushroom chair from MA.... It's curious to wonder if, by some strange chance, my grandmother or aunt sat it once upon a time a long, long, time ago.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!
    Love the wall and everything pictured with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment