Skip to main content

My booths at the antique mall here in Alabama



























Comments

  1. OH MY GOSH, how dreamy! We don't have booths like that in any of our malls around here!! Just look at all of those lusters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes went to the little girl painting in the oval frame and the white staffordshire dogs,which I love.
    When I was out shopping in the 1980's we had lots victorian shops around here and now I don't think there is one in the state that I know of. Seems it's all old painted chipped furniture and rusty items, which I have in my house, not the rusty items
    Thanks for sharing with us here in blogland. It's always fun to see your post of real antiques.I usually make the pictures larger and really look them over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading your posts today starting at the current one in 2020 and working back to here. I am friends with both of the two ladies above since I moved to Missouri in 2016. I am inquiring about the amethyst lusters on this post. I am sure they are long sold but still asking? I look all the time for some purple ones. I have enjoyed your posts and your knowledge of antiques. Another friend will be reading these posts too, Karen, and she loves, loves primitive like you and has the house to go with it. She also has lots of lusterware like you sent Janice. Karen got me interested in and collecting the Great Exhibition Queen Victoria and Albert pieces. I have some from ebay/England and love everything about Victoria and Albert. I have enjoyed this blog and will continue reading back! I blog at Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden and on Facebook by the same title. I met two of these ladies through blogging before I lived in Missouri but lived in Colorado. I met Karen through the Tasha Tudor group on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for writing and for all the kind comments. I have sold all the lusters in the pictures but am always looking for more from the local estate sales. The plantation and other antebellum home people want them for their mantles, as that was the place in the past to show them off. I love Gina and Janice and have gotten a lot of inspiration from them also. My friend lived here in the late 90's and he returned home to Denver ( Lakewood) where he has a house full of Empire and Federal ( They don't seem to prize it
    out there as much as oak, since Denver is a Golden Oak ( Molly Brown) era city. I appreciate your reading the blog. I don't do as much as I did before because I got on facebook so I could peruse Marketplace looking for Empire and Marble Top. I never have more than 30 facebook friends because I actually exchange ideas and seek help from them; they are all either old house people or antique collectors or dealers. I am writing some articles for the local magazines so I will be posting them on the blog so they can simply pull them from here for publication. My friend in Denver's ancestors lived in Louisiana, Missouri, and Janice and Gina were great friends with a man who lived in a two story Italianate right on the river. Marshel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment