Life in Old South Central Alabama

My photo
South of Birmingham, Alabama, United States
I am an antique trader in central Alabama....I love old houses... My log home was built in 1817 by my ancestors Benjamin and Hannah Harless Wilson .............. Outside the house are herb gardens and lots of pass-along plants................ No one in Alabama is in a hurry about anything......... Visitors think that the garden needs weeding and the furniture needs polishing....I am a direct descendant of Joseph Towne, whose two sisters Rebecca Towne Nurse and Mary Towne Easty were hanged in Salem, Massachusetts, in 1692 as witches. I am also a direct descendant of Pocahontas and husband John Rolfe.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

What Primitive People Do... Part 2


They can't stop putting things under tables.


They love small versions of big furniture.


They don't agree that ducks and chickens are an 80's thing.


They know what a hetchel is, and would use it if anyone was still growing flax.


They light candles with names such as pumpkin pie and apple cobler.

2 comments:

  1. I decorate under tables so I must be a primitive woman. And I also like mini furniture...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the oil portrait of the Gentleman and lithographs of Andrew Jackson and Henry Clay.

    ReplyDelete