Skip to main content

Mr. Thomas Hines; Photo taken in Bowling Green Kentucky early 1860's

This is a CDV photograph of Mr. Thomas Hines. The studio was in Bowling Green, Kentucky. A carte de visite photograph such as this dates from 1860 to 1865. The initials on the back : T. L. Hines. There is indeed a Thomas Hines age 76 living in Bowling Green Kentucky on the 1860 census. This would be his photograph !!!!! He lived long enough to have a photo taken! He died in 1861, according to descendants on Ancestry. In the photograph, he is 75 or 76 years old.

Comments

  1. Thanks for including this photograph. I descend from his brother Simeon Walton Hines and we have no photographs of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old photos.... No one will know when I die who are "really" relatives and who I "adopted" via their photo. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TRUE ! I keep "family" in a drop front mule chest.

      Delete

Post a Comment