Skip to main content

Moses Johnson my ancestor honored by DAR for service in American Revolutionary War

Private Moses Johnson - Elk Creek District Militia, Virginia. He was a part of the 2nd Virginia Regiment with General George Washington's Continental Army, from Valley Forge until Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown. My cousin Andy Johnson ( descendant of Moses via his son William) and his daughter attended the February 2022 ceremony here in Shelby County, Alabama to honor our ancestor Moses Johnson. I descend via his son Moses Johnson JR who married Margaret Ann "Anny" West, daughter of Rev. Dr. Joshua West and wife Hannah Prentice. Andy and daughter obtained these wonderful photos of the ceremony.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful way to commemorate your patriot ancestor.... Moses, I am sure was humbled to be so honored...and to have descendants make the trip to attend. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    My wife is a DAR member here in Michigan - Macomb Chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently studying Moses Johnston II land grant of 1823. 22S 03W section 20 w1/2 sw1/4. This site has many artifacts that I recently dated from the early 1800's to mid up to the 1900's. We located several home sites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment